Saturday, February 26, 2005
Wondering if you can hear me,
Or can you see our pain?
Can you hear our prayers for you?
Or hear us say your name?
When I go to your resting spot,
Its strange knowing your body is there.
Just 6 foot out of reach,Y
our life was just not fair.
I don't know which is hardest,
Knowing that your gone?
Or knowing that one time I was with you,
And you being dead, seems so wrong.
When I walk where we once did,
I get a strange feeling within.
It makes me realize it can all vanish,
In one little whim.
I pass by your window outside your house,
Knowing that was your room.
I remember when we were in there,
Looking out, wanting it to quit raining soon.
As I look at your house,
I see us on the steps,
Its like crossing back in time,
Remembering then, how I felt.
It seems like you should still be there,
Waiting on me to come by,
Nothing has changed there except your absence,
And I always start to cry.
Its almost as if I can feel you,
Feeling the heat off the street,
As we used to walk into town,
To get something to eat.
Every time I pass thru that town,
I'm looking for your face,
Then I realize you are gone,
And my heart starts to race.
To know you are no longer here,
I can't seem to comprehend,
In my heart I cannot accept,
Your life was put to an end.
Missing u.... Auntie Irene